Monday, June 10, 2013

Cream Au Caramel-Caramel Pudding

This dessert tasted like a very creamy version of butterscotch icecream to my Mom and she loved it…To my surprise. May be because of the taste of caramelized sugar she says. You see my mom dislikes milk and milk related dishes. So it came as a surprise when she tasted my newly made dessert and a smile flashed across her face… I was overjoyed when she tagged the milky dessert ‘’nice’’


Well like how my mom said it’s the taste of caramelized sugar that gives this dish its unique rich taste. You can even caramelize some cashewnuts into praline and add it to the dessert to enhance its flavour.


While my mother and I tasted our first scoop of the dessert Aniket was busy with something else. When he realised we were happily tasting something in his absence he tiptoed to my side and tugged at my dress. I fed him a little of the caramel pudding and there u go again….when I  saw the glee on his face I knew one more Caramel pudding fan will be added to the list-LIL Aniket.


Another wonderful dessert for you then. Yes by the end of the day we had our fill of the dessert. I'm not going to save it for tomorrow also. Never mind I told myself. I’m making some more again tomorrow.



Inspired by: Cook eat and Move Fast
Ingredients


Milk-1 ½ cups
Cream-1/2 cup
White chocholate-100gms
Corn starch-25 gms
Sugar-40 gms
Butter-30 gms

Method

Chop white chocolate and melt it.

Dissolve corn starch in 3 tbsp of milk and keep aside .Make sure there are no lumps

In a non-stick pan add sugar and sprinkle a few drops of water over it. Cook over low - medium heat stirring continuously till it becomes golden brown and caramelizes.

Switch off flame. Add butter and mix well.

Switch on the flame and pour milk over the caramelized sugar and boil at medium flame/heat.

Caramelized sugar crystallizes but will eventually melt with the heat, so keeps stirring till it dissolves in the milk completely.

Add corn flour milk mixture to the above and cook till it thickens. Keep stirring.

In the meantime melt the chocolate and add mix it to the milk sugar corn flour mixture.

Take off flame and mix till chocolate dissolves completely.

Add cream and whip lightly.

Refrigerate for 2 hrs at least.


Serve cold

No comments:

Post a Comment