Sunday, February 24, 2013

Corn and Cheese Balls



 Some crisp, peppered, cheesy corn balls with a steaming cup of coffee or tea-is Heaven-Nothing less. One bite and the cheesy corn balls crackle and melt into your mouth-what a wonderful evening snack. Even better if you have your favourite book or magazine beside you. Now that’s what I call a perfect evening…






I love corn and I adore cheese. Needless to say I was totally infatuated by corn cheese balls. I loved my corn cheese balls so much that I was heartbroken when I saw  the plate empty….though most of it had gone into my stomach, still  why didn’t I make more?





You need to be careful though while you fry them because they may fall apart ….But that about all you need to worry about, because all its ingredients are always available in every home any time. Once they are done the yummy golden brown coloured cheese balls  will lighten your heart and brighten your smile…believe me they are really Yum.








A good starter for birthday parties a nice snack to pass around the table when friends come over to gossip and  a very easy recipe too. I’m sure you’ll love my corn and cheese balls….here u go-:


Ingredients

Sweet corn kernels-1 cup boiled
Processed cheese-1-2 cups grated
Cornstarch-1 tbsp
Refined flour-2 tbsp
Ginger-1 tbsp or 1 1/2 inch long piece finely chopped
Salt to taste
Crushed black pepper-1/4 tsp
Baking powder-A pinch
Lemon juice-2 tsp or juice of ½ lemon
Green chilli (finely chopped)- 2
Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1/4 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves-1 tbsp

Method
Grind the boiled corn kernels (2 turns in the mixer).Make sure that some whole corn kernels remain and it is not ground into a fine paste.

Empty into bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Sprinkle water if so required to make balls out of the mixture. While making the balls make sure you apply little oil on your palms.

Take oil in a kadai. Make sure oil for frying the corn balls are not too hot. Fry the balls at medium flame till they are cooked well inside and crisp outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment